The XTC-41 Formula Vee was born from long conversations on a Saturday night, after qualifying. All the "What if's?", "What do you think?", "Could we move this?", the many things racers think and talk about in their quest for the perfect racecar. We took the main components of the Citation forward of the rear roll bar with its many great features and the Lazer's rear suspension and combined them for a hybrid FV called the XTC-41. Many had been asking for a leading-arm Citation but we took it several steps further by adding many other features besides leading arms.
As with so many of my projects, I had a lot of help along the way. Mike Beaumia assembled the first car from the components I made. He drove the car and tested it for 2 years before we made any production models. Other XTC-41 owners have given me complete and frequent updates from their racing and testing to help make this car a winner.
• A race winner its first time at the track
• Aerodynamic leading-arm rear suspension
• Fast and easy engine and transmission changes
• The XTC-41 is 1" lower then the standard Citation - among the lowest in FV
• Full-length belly pan
• Plenty of room for big and tall drivers
• Up-right seating position for better driver comfort
• Engine and transmission tilted to lower center of gravity
• Fire system relocated from side pod to center line of car
• Battery relocated to front of engine, lower, and on the car's centerline
• Single shock, over the transmission, 0- roll rear suspension
• Bell crank steering reoves all steering rods from the cockpit area
• Tig welded chassis
• Custom aluminum head cooling scoops
Campbell Motorsport continues to support existing XTC-41s racing in various regions around the US. Chassis and suspension components are often availabe from stock. Replacement bodywork is available from several vendors.
New cars quoted to customer's requirements.